Change is an inevitable part of business. That means there is no excuse for being caught off guard. By gathering information on an ongoing basis, you’ll be able to make better decisions and avoid disruption. Using an ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS) is a proven methodology to manage change through a proven, repeatable process.
Rather than reinvent the wheel, why not try this system used by leading corporations throughout the world?
Establish an Efficient Process to Review and Improve
The ISO 9001:2015 process is one of continuous improvement. The overall process is laid out as Plan/Do/Check/Act. What does this mean for you and your business?
Creating an ISO 9001:2015 QMS requires several steps, the first of which is to plan the process or action while carefully documenting your intent. The task is then executed according to plan, the results measured, then evaluated. Any corrections are then able to be made.
Benefits of Streamlining the Change Process
Each step is documented and evaluated. That means errors and inefficiencies are caught early and quickly rectified. Because the processes are documented, they are easily repeatable with similar challenges and changes that may come along.
A defined process through a Quality Management System (QMS), enables companies to move quickly through the changes that come along without fear or downtime. Once you’ve worked through the process before, following the same steps is simple. Consider the following though the lens of Plan/Do/Check/Act.
Managing Change with an ISO 9001:2015 QMS
- Consider what needs to happen. Are there external pressures such as customer requirements, or internal ones such as process inefficiencies that are forcing the change?
- Determine what you need to proceed. How can you make it happen? What must be in place for you to make the desired changes? Gather the resources and information you need.
- Give it a try. Make your best effort at initiating the change. It may not be perfect, but it doesn’t have to be with the ISO 9001:2015 process. That’s the beauty of the design.
- Measure the outcome. How did you do? Did the change go as well as expected? Did any glitches come up that you didn’t anticipate? Did you learn anything helpful?
- Consider what can be improved. How can you make it better? Based on measured outcomes, was the attempt an abject failure? Did it go pretty well, but can use some tweaking? Make your notes here.
- Try it all again. By creating this specific, measurable, repeatable process, you’ll be able to confidently take on any change.
Work with an ISO 9001:2015 Certified IT Staffing Partner
One thing that never changes is your need for talented people to help get projects done and achieve your goals. That’s where nTech Solutions excels. When you need qualified candidates, even those who are tough to find or have specialized skills, we are the IT staffing firm you can count on. Contact us today.